Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Recipe: Strawberry Crumble

Nothing says summer like strawberries.  This dessert is sure to please.
Filling:
2 pounds strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I like Star Kay White.)
Pinch of salt

I like to do my chopping on my new Chef Sleeve so I can see my ipad while I'm cooking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the topping. In a large bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and salt.  Pour into a 13x9 dish.  (I like Le Creuset.)

Topping:
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream

Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in a mixing bowl. Mix until crumbly.   Sprinkle mixture over the strawberries.

Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.

No comments: